Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I begin my rescape, I have a few questions to ensure that I do everything correctly the FIRST time. ~_~

• Is willow moss a fast or slow grower? Does it do well when anchored to the substrate to form bushes, or should I work with the moss mesh/wire to make what I want?
  • Will German Blue Rams interfere with my HC very much? Mine nibble on plants from time to time, but a little nibble on freshly-planted HC will uproot it. :p I just want to be prepared or come up with ways to keep it in the substrate so that it will root as quickly as possible.
  • How does one train HM to grow in small bushes? My HM did so in my last tank, but I'm not sure what I did right.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Before I begin my rescape, I have a few questions to ensure that I do everything correctly the FIRST time. ~_~

• Will German Blue Rams interfere with my HC very much? Mine nibble on plants from time to time, but a little nibble on freshly-planted HC will uproot it. :p I just want to be prepared or come up with ways to keep it in the substrate so that it will root as quickly as possible.
IME the pair of rams I had dug up the substrate a little when the during the first few weeks, uprooting some HC plugs I put in. Once the lawn was established though they pretty much left it alone. I bet if you gave then a little hiding place they would be less likely to dig.

The other big digger is Amano shrimp when they forage around. You definitely don't want to add these until the HC puts down roots into the substrate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts