Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in a lfs store today and i saw a couple names written on tanks that i didn't recognize. i took pics of the shrimp in the tanks and came home to find out what they really were. they ended up being harlequins and cardinals

cardinal:

harlequin:

they were $6.99 a peice which seems low to me, but im not sure bc ive never seen these guys for sale. should i buy some while theyre there or do you think i could get some for less somewhere else? also, would these two species be ok in the same tank together?

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is an incredible price for those shrimp! The few places I have seen that sell them online are asking $100+ for 5 or 6 of them...crazy prices.

Of the two species you mentioned, the Cardinal seem much easier to keep alive. Quite a few hobbyists have reported successfully breeding them as well. From what I've read, they require high pH high temp conditions (pH 8.0+ and temps of around 86 is what I remember reading).

If I could find a LFS around here that could get Cardinals at that price, I'd give them a try in a second...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts