Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had what I thought to be a male and a female german blue ram and it turns out I was correct. Earlier today I saw the female digging a little pit in the gravel underneath some ludwigia spec cuba in my tank and when I came back I saw little tiny eggs. Hopefully in three days time they will hatch and there will be fry in the tank =). If this breeding doesnt work out I wont be too bummed since this is their first attempt. I will keep you all posted. Rams are pretty awesome!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Congrats! You're right, it may take the parents a few tries to get it right, but you never know, some do it the first time.
Yes, keep us posted. :)

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Thats great news, I hope the pair are successful their first time. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys. Thanks for the encouragement but unfortunately I guess this time the pair was too shy to keep the eggs. All were gone in the morning and Im assuming that the parents ate them because they felt intruded on by the other fish in the tank. Theres always a next time though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ptahkeem said:
Hey guys. Thanks for the encouragement but unfortunately I guess this time the pair was too shy to keep the eggs. All were gone in the morning and Im assuming that the parents ate them because they felt intruded on by the other fish in the tank. Theres always a next time though.
They possibly did have Caviar for breakfast but I know my Bolivian Rams lay the eggs on a rock and then the next day they are transported to these little pits they dig. Look around your tank (especially where the Rams are and possibly you'll find them again. Gotta love Rams!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts