Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
heres the thing, i like the idea of having some blyxa and (not or) sagittaria subulata in the foreground at the base of the rocks and leave the valley unplanted to make it a real focal point. the problem now would be a background plant. i think vallisneria looks to similar to these plants and would just look like overkill in my opinion. i think java fern might work well but i dont know what to tie it down to. i was also considering a type of moss covering the rocks but i think the reddish tint of the rocks will be a nice contrast to the green plants where as moss would just make the whole tank green. i ordered my light (it'll be here next tues) and i got my diy working (just waiting for plants to start it back up again). also, another question is how hard would this be to move in about 9 months. it is worth it to put the money into if i have to move back home right?

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
got an update with some questions. i got my nova extreme light 2x39 watt bulbs so about 2.6 watts per gallon. i ordered my plants as well!!!! i got h.m., blyxa japonica, bacopa carolinia, and some wysteria. how does it sound?? will i need some ferts?

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
the lights are T5 HO.
i already have a diy CO2 system set up which seems to be working fine.
the substrate is Seachem flourite black sand.

So should i try without ferts and see what happens at first?
and how will the plants stand against barbs and cories??

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i like that idea alot. rocks with the bacopa and wisteria behind it, then bushes of the HM in the background where theres no plants, and then blyxa around the bottom of the rocks. then get some HC or other ground cover... thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.