Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
HeyPK said:
...As long as all nutrients were above their critical concentrations, ratios could vary widely.
I consider this assumtion basic to the Estimative Index values.

I am very surprised that no one has taken ADA products to a lab for analysis.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Art_Giacosa said:
What I find interesting is that they have different formulations for the growth stages of plants. I think this is an area that we haven't focused much on but I think is important.
My reading of ADA's supplementation product line is that it targets dynamic biosystem development rather than growth stages of plants. In the first 3 months a tank is prone to rapid changes of biological balance with the N cycles most affected. As a tank matures bio-activity curves level off and the substrate begins to contribute to bio-cycle influences. For example, the pumice in ADA substrate layering starts out sterile and slowly develops reductive capacity. After a year passes the substrate begins to play a major role in nutrient recycling. ADA's product line seems targeted to these bio-cycle stages rather than particular stages of plant growth. It's focus is on dynamic biological systems not how to grow a particular sort of plant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.