Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 55gallon aquarium with an Eheim 2224 and an Eheim Aquaball 2212 for extra circulation with 4 Red Line Torpedo Barbs (Puntius Denisoni), 1 Needle Nose Pleco (FARLOWELLA ACUS), 1 Sand Shark Pleco(LORICARIA PARVA) and 3 Amano Shrimps (Caridina Japonica) which i have had doing very well for some months now.
I purchased 16 RCS and they seemed to do fine till my Re Line Torpedo barbs got a taste for them after after a Female RCS had babies and so 1 by 1 they disapeared.
I then set up a 10g aquarium with water, gravel and a filter from the 55g aquarium and some plants and a piece a driftwood for the remaing 2 RCS and a baby. Last night the last one died but seemed to have shed before it died as i found the exoskeleton in the tank as well.
They seemed fine for the week or so they lived in the tank and ate well every second day i gave them 1 or 2 granules of HBH lobster bites and made sure they ate it.
I have Seachem Cuprisorb and Hypersorb in the filter.
My Amanos are doing well to date.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had some Crypts in the tank, java moss and java fern. Some of the crypts leaves melted but there was one or 2 new shoots, i fed every 2nd day in a place i could see if they were eating and i only left it in for about 2to 3 hours but found they ate everything, i was feeding HBH crab and lobster bites. Although it was matured gravel and filter i think maybe there was a ammonia or nitrite spike maybe. Thanks Chromes03 apprecite your advise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.