Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, thx for the feedback, i don't think my guppies are bothering my rcs. And btw, i have an alright planted tank, I just need the plants to grow in a bit since they are quite small, especially my rotala rotundifolia because I just trimmed it and the 5 peices that i propanged(or w.e) are starting to grow, I already see roots and a side sprout from each one.

· Registered
104 Posts
I put RCS and guppies in the same tank about 2 months ago. Just had our second set of shrimplets about a week ago. They all seem to roam freely. I am sure some of them ended up as gourmet fish food, but overall the colony is growing.

· Premium Member
592 Posts
I have one tank with endlers, amanos and cherry shrimp and another with guppies and yellow shrimp. I keep a moderate supply of java moss in the back of both tanks and see a lot of baby shrimp activity in the moss. I would highly recommend using some moss for any shrimp breeding colony.

· Registered
49 Posts
Tiny baby shrimp are very active after the lights go out. That's when they get picked off by the fish. I caught my 2 nano rasboras and 1 male endler doing just that.

I personally wouldn't keep fish with small shrimp. I'm sure some will survive but ultimately the shrimp will have to produce more than the fish can consume.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.