Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up a 10 gallon tank for RCS. I am finding that it is hard to keep my water below 82 degrees in this 10 gallon tank.

Is this going to be a problem? Should I try moving the tank to a cooler spot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My experience has been that red cherry shrimp do fine in a wide range of temperatures. In the summer, tank temps were over 80 degrees F for an extended period of time with no ill effect that I could see. In the winter, they continue to do well and breed in an unheated tank even when temps get to the low 60s.

·
Registered
478 Posts
82 is fine with air pump. higher temp=faster metabolism=more active=more breeding. but there will be less oxygen so becareful. temp. shouldnt be higher than 82. IMO 80 w/ small air pump is best. there shouldnt be too much change in temperature. stable water parameters= success

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree with Tex, higher temps result in faster growth and breeding but O2 may become a problem so make sure you have plenty of surface agitation. At some point if you keep increasing them temp the growth will slow down again but I do not know what that temp is but you should be fine with 82 for cherries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts