Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: How do you test a CO2 Probe

I also have the the SMS PH Controller and i just redid my 110g tank it was down for sense Thanksgiving of last year, so when i put everything back together in March i notice i had to replace a lot of thinks in my system , from gaskets dry rot to light been to old , when i filled my tank an tested my Controller the first think i replace was my probe. i knew it had been over a year , i set my controller to 6.7 but notice the 2nd day that the PH was still at 7.1, i new something was wrong, i check everything before then i notice i did not replace an O Ring on the Bubble counter an the co2 was leaking out,
i bypass it an went striae into my co2 reactor an my ph drop to 6.7 , until i get around in getting another bubble counter it will stay that way.
use soapy water to check for and leaks on your co2 system. i'm planting on getting a ph drop checker for back up also in due time. an when you calibrate for your low's 4.0 you calibration slope adjustment screw is in the back of your controller not the front, and i think Milwaukee inc. says for freshwater you really don't need to check your low 4.0 only the 7.0 would be ok but i too like to check both

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.