Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, All!!!

Now that we're safely out of the Holiday season of postal chaos, I'd like to renew my offer to pick up plants for people. It's easier, however, because Albany Aquarium has put up a website:

http://www.albanyaquarium.com

Some of you already know about the website, I'm sure. If you go to "Aquatic Plants" you can check out a list of what came in with their last few plant shipments. Also, there's a big list at the bottom of the page, which shows what plants are on their big order list - you can personally e-mail the webmaster with requests of what you're looking for (even if it's not on the big list, give them common/scientific names and they'll do what they can...).

I don't offer heat/cool packs, so if you live someplace experiencing extreme temperatures, please hold off on making any plant requests until the weather poses less risk to the plants.

AFAIK, Albany sends in their plant orders on Wednesdays before the weekends that they receive their shipments (generally every two weeks). So if you'd like your special request to be on there, send in an e-mail or give them a call (probably better if you get it in on Tuesday). Of course there are no guarantees that it will make it on the order; even if it does, they may not receive it. The plant list *should* be updated by the Monday after the shipment is received, but again, no guarantees.

If this is all new to you, please read my old post regarding plant requests so you know about my "policies" and [lack of] guarantees:
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/showthread.php?t=1713

And again, I only ship within the 48 contiguous states - for some reason, it's days faster to get a package to Hawaii from the East Coast than from California... I might make an exception for plants that ship particularly well (like Anubias), but it's all at the risk of the recipient.

Okay - HAPPY NEW YEAR, everybody! May your plants bubble like Champagne the whole year through ;) .

-Naomi

·
Registered
404 Posts
Wow! That's extremely generous of you! Maybe in the future i'll have to contact you about getting some plants. That store looks great.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SnyperP said:
Wow! That's extremely generous of you! Maybe in the future i'll have to contact you about getting some plants. That store looks great.
Nah - nothing "generous" about it. I go in right after shipments to look at all the cool new stuff, anyway. Might as well make the trip worth my while. Besides, "generous" would be if I could actually grow these awesome exotics myself, and give cuttings away for nothing but shipping costs... There are people on these forums who do this very thing. I'm always amazed by their kindness.

PM me anytime with requests. Can't promise anything, but I'll do what I can :) .

-Naomi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.