Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
It's become quite obvious that many vendors do not link inventory software with web ordering software. I can't begin to tell you haw many in stock items I've ordered from various pet places only be informed the item listed as in stock was really backordered. I can understand a few mistakes, but overall the state of online ordering and smaller pet supply vendors is appalling.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I should have not said "smaller", lack of real time inventory is endemic across all vendors, both large and small. Call me jaded but with a background in retail pharmaceuticals and wholesale produce one had to always be precise with inventory. Software wise there are inexpensive or free open source products such as osCommerce.

<rant>
I expect to much, I keep forgetting I live in the US where mediocrity is the norm and nothing is my fault.
</rant>

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
If this subject is going to get broader, a Moderator should change the original subject line to remove the vendor's name.
Threads do have a tendency to become broader, nature of the beast. Looking over the thread I am loathe to rename as it does pretty much pertain to the subject. I have however moved it to a more appropriate area.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
JBJ Reg has been running since April 04 with no issues. I replace the washer each time wiht the one that the gas co. provides with each refill. One time I used teflon tape and it caused problems. Went thru the tank in a few hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.