Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Number one thought: don't loose your own dignity.

Ordering on the Internet can be very deceptive these days. A JBJ regulator I had ceased working last Saturday after just a few months operation. I immediately ordered an Azoo regulator on line from a reputable and well-known source (not the one detailed in this thread and not a sponsor of our forums). The item was listed in stock and the order confirmed by email. I specified 2-day Fedex for speedy delivery. Today is Wednesday and I called since it had not arrived. They advised me it was out of stock and had been on order since the summer. Kept me waiting on the phone for a long time. I canceled the order. I called another source and placed the order by phone for Fedex 2-day delivery. Meantime, I am aching to get that CO2 back on the tank.....

The simple things in life can be hard to come by these days: accountable service.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If this subject is going to get broader, a Moderator should change the original subject line to remove the vendor's name, aquariumplants.com. No vendor can really be blamed for failure of a product they are selling in good faith. In the case of JBJ, my experience is as follows. The vendor name is not relevant and not included so do not assume it is one or the other.

1. JBJ's instruction sheet is utterly pathetic. If JBJ wishes to blame users for abuse, they should spend a few pennies on making an instruction sheet in proper English.
2. The JBJ regulator I received gave out within weeks of installation and I can assure you that it was not user abuse that lead to that situation.
3. Vendors will only refer you to JBJ's distributor to get a replacement. They cannot really intervene to help you. I have been waiting 8 weeks now for a replacement and they have not even contacted me. Transworld Aquatics, JBJ's California based shipper were (a) called by me to ascertain details of address and etc; (b) received the defunct JBJ regulator via UPS service (proof they received it is in the UPS system); (c) Transworld received a reminder letter from me with copies of the original cover letter and vendor's invoice but have still not responded. The reminder letter was copied to the vendor. To date, no response has been received and no replacement regulator. In the meantime, Transworld continues to supply vendors with regulators.

What does a customer do in such circumstances? I have USD90.00 plus the cost of UPS etc sitting in this doing nothing. No matter how much money one has, that is a significant amount. Transworld clearly does not have the ability to service warranties in a timely and effective manner.

As a customer, my next point of call is their corporate headquarters with an official complaint about Transworld. Then if necessary, a formal State complaint against Transworld.

Good luck if you decide to buy a JBJ regulator and it goes wrong on you.

While makers might blame user abuse for regulator failure and low prices/low profit margins as the reason they are failing to make enough money to cover their problems, we should all note that the unit sales of CO2 regulators has gone up exponentially over recent years. The margin might be smaller but the unit sales are much higher.

To date, my replacement Azoo regulator and my original Milwaukee are bith performing well.

Andrew Cribb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.