Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Well Nate, not everyone can afford to spend thousands of dollars on software. I order stuff online all the time too, and from big guys like Dr.s Foster and Smith, Pet Solutions, and Big Als, and even these guys with their inventory software have problems keeping it up to date. If I am in critical need, I call on the phone and hope the live person is better informed than their online system.

I sell a lot of JBJs... a lot, but I don't sell 40 a day. I don't even try that hard to sell them anymore. Nobody sells 40 a day. Trust me.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Well there is a reason why they both now have only a six month warranty...it is because they both get too many returns and it is costing them too much money. One of them told me, I won't say which one, that they believe it is the fault of the users 90% of the time, and they make so little profit margin that the warranty service wipes out their profit. It reminds me of the PC price wars of the late 80s and early 90s. When the prices of personal computers went spiraling down, the warranties got much shorter or more limited, at least all the no name clones did. Time to look at German regulators again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.