Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I knocked over my CO2 tank! It was over for about 5 seconds until I could get it. The gauges all went to zero. Turns out it just got knocked loose. I let the tank sit for about 10 minutes, then put the regulator back on. The output gauge maxes out and then I hear a hiss. The tank pressure gauge is fine. I let it sit for about an hour and tried again, same results. So did I just ruin my regulator? Or does the tank need to settle some more?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If your regulator is broken and it will cost a bit to get it fixed, I'd like to recommend these mint condition or new Victor dual stage chrome plated medical grade CO2 regulators. I have 5 of them. They are very nice! The mint condition ones are $35 and the new one is $50.
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/mrmotorcycles

You may compare these prices of Victor regulators to the ones for sale at BeverageFactory.com:
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulators/co2-premium.shtml

PS: I accidently knocked over one of these Victor regulators on a CO2 cylinder twice and I didn't have any problems. These Victor regulators are built very strong.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
ugh, sounds like it's broken. I try to tie my CO2 tank to my stand with twine but sometimes I forget - I'll have to remember to do this more consistently now.

That regulator looks nice, and the price can't be beat! I may have to get a couple myself now :)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
... That regulator looks nice, and the price can't be beat! I may have to get a couple myself now :)
There's been several people on various forms that have purchased these Victor dual stage chrome plated medical grade CO2 regulators from mrmotorcycles on eBay. I have been very impressed with their service.

My owner of the local welding supply shop told me that they are worth $250 to $300 used and in good shape.

I use Ideal metering valves and solenoids with mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts