Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some pond snails have gotten into the tank over time with new plants and theyre everywhere. i remove them by net sometimes but i want a more effective way of getting rid of them. ive read you can put a small slice of cucumber in the tank and a couple hrs later remove it along with all the snails stuck to it. would this work or is there an even better way?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill try the veggies but i def dont overfeed. i feed about every other day (if that) and i dont feed that much when i do, maybe a small pinch (i only have 4 fish total). i never put enough food in to have wasted food float to the bottom so i dont think thats why i have so many snails. i dont clean my tank near enough though so algea build up is probably what the snails are feasting on.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i think ill try that. i think i have the pond snails, they are small and have spirally elongated shells. i also have a couple round shelled ones that hang out on my vals and the leaves theyre on seem to be eaten.

is blanching where you nuke it in the microwave for like 3 min, let it cool for 20 and then put in the tank? what does this do, why not just drop it right in? jw. thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts