Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lower pressure gauge broke so I am trying to remove the gauge. However the gauge is on so tight. I am going crazy trying to remove this bolt! I am just not getting enough leverage and I don't have a vise. Please help!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Most of the time they have thread locker on them. Is the regulator on the bottle? The bottle should be stable enough to remove the guage, Where did it brake? if it is the face most of the time it just pop's back on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had to replace my low pressure gauge and had to use a vice. I actually bent the high-pressure gauge and had to replace it too because I tried it without it. Find a local hardware store, preferably a small one like Tru-Value or ACE, whatever is in your area (did not check if you were in the US, sorry). Go there and ask if you can use their vice really quick. Or, call all your friends or relatives. It may sound like more work, but take it from experience, better to use the right tool than pay for the mistake of not using it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The needle wasn't reading the pressure correctly anymore. But I totally smashed it when I tried to screw it off. Now the only thing left is the part that is screw into the regulator. I tried to unscrew it while it was attached to the co2 bottle. I guess I just don't have enough leverage.

I will try to go ask a hardware store this afternoon. Hopefully they can help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible to remove the Gauge off of a Milwaukee regulator? I heard it was soldered on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Milwaukee regulator that I replaced both gauges on, and yes they do come off. It is all just a matter a leverage and you need a vice to do it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got a hold of a vice clamp and was able to get the gauge off. So much easier with that. Thanks for the tips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts