Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was toying with the idea of removing the top plastic rim of a 29g tank I have. Somewhere or other I remember seeing a note that Tom Barr has done this - but I searched and was unable to locate the article. Maybe I was dreaming. Has anyone had any experience of doing this? The idea of a rimless aquarium is artistically appealing - the idea of a 29g carpet swamp is, of course, something else.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I think that does answer my question. I notice that a 30g AGA aquarium I have bows about 0.75" in the center. Maybe I will think of ordering something from glass cages instead.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of trying this on a 10g tank (rather than the 29g) I picked up for a few $ at a tag sale. I imagine a 10g tank should not have bowing issues like the larger ones.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the good advice from Tom and all.

Being in a cheap mode, I will attempt the 10g and post some photos when done - if done without too much bloodshed...

But I might still order something from glass cages - though I do not much like the look of their silicone work in the sample photos on their web site.

Andrew Cribb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.