Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Rena Micro Bubblers

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  chubasco 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 · (Edited)
they will give fine bubbles till they cloggggg, then they will have to be dipped
in a solution of muriatic acid to unclog them. Finding out how often you would
have to do this, would be a buying point for me.....and yes, they do clog! A
friend of mine using DIY CO2 used them, but got tired of cleaning them.

Bill

#3 ·
I've been using one of these with pressurized CO2 for about two months now. It hasn't clogged yet, that I know of. I feed my CO2 directly into a Magnum canister and the stone is inside of the intake strainer. I ordered one of the 2" ones and noticed it only put out bubbles along the first inch or so so I cut it in half with a hack saw. That way I have a replacement on hand if one does clog. It doesn't produce microscopic bubbles but they are pretty small.

#5 ·
I saw several different sizes for sale.

I tried one of these and the bubbles weren't very small and mostly rose quickly to the top of the tank. It got a measurable amount of CO2 into the water, but it's not nearly as efficient as the power reactor I have now.

It has fairly small holes, but I think that my DIY Co2 maybe didn't generate enough pressure to really make small bubbles in it. Most of the bubbles would end up coming out of only a couple points in it, and thus did not come out small enough to dissolve before rising to the top. You might have better luck with pressurized, but I doubt it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.