Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a lot of us have ordered items from Rex Grigg before. I communicated with Rex back on 7/2/2008 ago about a Clippard needle valve and he said he had it in stock. I sent him the payment via Paypal the following day. To date I haven't heard from Rex if he sent it already and obviously haven't received my item yet.

I know and understand that Rex Grigg is a respectable and admired member of the community so maybe I was hoping he's just on a long hiatus or having technical problems accessing his email.

I did not want to go this far but try to understand I'm about this close to calling Paypal and asking for a refund.

Has anyone had the same experience purchasing goods from Rex before or am I just having bad luck?

If anyone is close to Rex to the point that they can call him, can you please kindly remind him I am awaiting for his response.

Thank you fellow APC members,

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hi leolucido,

Rex has had some medical issues in the last few weeks. I know because I sent Rex an order on 6/18/08 and received it about July 3rd. I just checked the order update on his forum and it looks like several orders shipped around 7/11/08. Here is the link to his update.
http://www.rexgrigg.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=164
I have ordered from Rex several times for CO2 equipment and ferts and have always received what was ordered, I just allow a little extra time =).

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I wouldn't start to worry about an item not being shipped until it's been a couple weeks. Then, email or pm and give a day or two for a response.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried pming or emailing him before bringing this public?
I did, 3 times via email, once in his message board in his website and even Paypal. Now that I know he might be sick, I'll cut him some slack. I understand that Rex normally wouldn't just dissapear out of nowhere.:)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I'm surprised.
I have had great results with fast shipments from Rexx.
Did you remember to include ALL pertinent info?
As others have mentioned, there may be a personal issue we are unaware of.
Good Luck, I am sure he will deliver the goods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts