Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 4 port manifold that is only working on two ports, the other two ports end, the third and fourth are totally not working, and I know for a fact that the manifold and the NV's are very air tight with pipe dope, I don't see any possible air escape.. Main question, if your low side gauge is blown, but still works if it only gets your meter to about 20 PSI and can't get to 30, 40, 50 PSI because the meter gets blocked by a bent? Would one assume that PSI will still be able to climb up when you still screw in pressure when the low side gauge's meter is blocked by a bent to reach 30, 40, 50 PSI???

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
NeonFlux,
Yes, even if the guage is not working properly when you turn the screw the pressure should increase (assuming the regulator is working properly). Based on your other post, I would do a through check for leaks. At one point I had to submerge the tank valve, regulator, and needle valve (with the tank valve open of course) in a large bucket of water to find the leaks. Not good for the regulator (its better to spray with soapy water) but I found the leaks and dried everything well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would just remove the bad gauge and replace it with a new one. You can purchase a really good quality gauge from an industrial supply for $10. Don't forget the Teflon tape on the threads. While your at the industrial supplier pick up some Snoop to check for leaks.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts