Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am a new comer from Hong Kong, this is my first time to post my layout here. This is a new trial on photo shooting by using LED penlight, since the tank is so thin, I try to use different light exposure to enhance the shape, hope you all will like it.

Sorry some of the original linked server is limited the traffic, then I have to directly upload here.
------------------------------------------------------
Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Don't know if it's intentional or not, but....AWESOME EFFECT! I could see the first picture with light shifting from place to place. Wow! How'd you do that? What if all the future photo contests have that element?!

Paul

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome, GWU,

I like the aquatic greenery, a 'rain forest.' Tell us how 'thin' the tank is, what are the dimensions?

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pineapple, My tank is 38" W x 16"H x 9.5"D, it is hard to layout, the layers shown is just because I place the plant alternate with different high on the same layer and the lighting effect emphesis the depth of each group of plants to get this result.

SurWrathful: It is not a come from a video. The rhythm of the light actually from different images save as animated GIF. I take almost fifty images to choose the best combination of this effect, quite time consumming. This kind of photo shooting call light brush, by using the LED penlight to control the exposure of each part that you want to hightlight.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That's amazing to scape 9.5" It requires a certain creative obsession. I complain about these standard American All Glass Aquariums which are usually 12" or so front to back. Given such depth you would be able to do a great deal...

Good to hear from you. Have you any other tanks?

Andrew Cribb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts