Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Riccia varieties - maintenance in substrate of Amano designs

10K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  pineapple 
A related technique is Birgit and Wolfgang's Riccia weights, Robert H lost all the work we put into his old board (keep backups Art! :) ), don't know if the article existed outside that forum.. if its not still available, I use this technique and would be more than happy to re-explain it, its basically 7-15mm stainless steel rod (I pick it up at wield supply shops) bent into a waffle works pretty good but looks ugly until the Riccia grows thru... I was thinking of going back to slate and fishing line again..

Jeff

pineapple said:
Thanks for the input. I can imagine how it works. I was toying with the idea of using some stainless steel mesh but in the end decided that I prefer to have natural materials in the aquarium. I resort to old plastic onion bags, very fine 4lb monofilament fishing line, and hairnets.
Mesh might be tough, make sure whatever you do weighs enough... I'm driving my tanks prolly way to hard, but I've had entire mats carry away my weights (8mm stainless rod) when they get a'pearling. Makes a mess :)

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.