Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Its lookin nice. Its a good thing you painted those coat hangers. I once used coat hangers in a tank and it turns out they have copper in them. They rusted and it caused the death of a few things in my tanks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Its lookin nice. Its a good thing you painted those coat hangers. I once used coat hangers in a tank and it turns out they have copper in them. They rusted and it caused the death of a few things in my tanks.
Wow, I had no Idea they had copper in them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
any new updates?
Sorry, no new updates until I get back home. I'm sure there will be an algae update though:mad:. All of my tanks will be updated sunday night or monday. I'm sure there will be plants that need to be trimmed in my anubias garden, so check the for sale section monday if you are interested.;)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
The stringy stuff looks like Utricularia gibba. It's a pain when it gets tangled in moss and the only method of control I've found is manual removal.

·
Registered
525 Posts
coat hanger wire for lights. very crafty! So i wonder if it would be safe to remove the rim on a 55 gal. tank. Seems daring.:rolleyes:
I broke the support on my old 55g and it bowed out about a inch on both sides very scary not recommended and i still had the rim on it!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I broke the support on my old 55g and it bowed out about a inch on both sides very scary not recommended and i still had the rim on it!
Yeah, a guy at my lfs told me how a woman removed the brace, and all 55 gallons went on her floor:rant::doubt:[smilie=d:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I've changed where some of the plants are and took out the stems and nana. I will be adding a few more pieces of petite in a few days and will post updates when I do. I might be adding pressurized CO2 if I feel like I want to split a 10 or 15 foot line off of my new tank that I will be getting in a few days!(so excited!!) but I'm not sure if I should

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Utricularia gibba, or bladderwort you mention in your photos does indeed grow well. In my tanks it grows as quickly as the hornwort. But, I've never thought of it as a problem, the traps are too small to catch fry or shrimplets and it provides a good place for them to hide. I remove it as an export and always leave a little in for it to regrow.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The Utricularia gibba, or bladderwort you mention in your photos does indeed grow well. In my tanks it grows as quickly as the hornwort. But, I've never thought of it as a problem, the traps are too small to catch fry or shrimplets and it provides a good place for them to hide. I remove it as an export and always leave a little in for it to regrow.
the little shrimpies were what I was worried about. I still took it out though as it looked messy in this tank;)

21 - 40 of 166 Posts