Aquatic Plant Forum banner

41 - 60 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hey- isn't that your little tree? Did you tear your other tank down or just make another?
tore it down, I got tired of it. I trimmed some of the branches on the tree that were too long, you may see another incarnation of the tank. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
The right side of the tank is totally KILLER!!! I really dig the anubias species. maybe you could leave your tree branches alone. sort of like a mystery. You know what? Leave the whole left side as is. See what happens. I'm sure you'll put something together for the left side, but I do like open spaces. Just like whitetail deer. they love open spaces, but during the hunting season, it's not such a bright idea.:flame:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great job!
One suggestion I might offer, and it should help your already great setup, is to make the back of the tank black(flat black). I have used the black background with black gravel before, it offers the suggestion that there is more beyond what you can see and it really makes the green of the plants stand out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am new here and pretty new to planted tanks. This looks amazing! Are you running a DIY CO2 hose in there? Also, what type of fertilizer are you using?

I would love to set up something like this. I have a 10g that has been established for about a year and a half, and maybe six months ago I began replacing the plastic plants with java fern, I think an amazon sword, and honestly, a bunch of other random plants. I realize now that I probably just bought whatever they told me to at the fist store, but I never changed the substrate from the totally basic thick gravel substrate that super-beginners use (because that's what I was at the time). I've been using a combined fertilizer/water conditioner that has Iron and Potassium (not sure what kind, just says K2O) everytime I do a water change, and no CO2.

What do I need to do to make my tank flourish like yours? Any suggestions/pointers from everyone are very much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates. In regards to the post above, just give your tank love and follow the advice on all the great guides out there.
Felt like messing around with my camera. Finally figured out what shutter speed was the best. Did a mini photo shoot.

A not so good picture of a petite patch:

Some kind of mini java fern maybe:

One of the best shrimp pics Ive taken:

Here is where I figured out the best shudder speed to use:

Sorry how some of the pics seem repetitive ;)

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
The moss carpet looks great, and the anubias-covered wood is AMAZING!! I've got a couple questions:

What are the plants on the left side?
Is that HC in the filter inlet?

-Dave

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The moss carpet looks great, and the anubias-covered wood is AMAZING!! I've got a couple questions:

What are the plants on the left side?
Is that HC in the filter inlet?

-Dave
The plants on the left are just plants that I couldnt bring myself to throw away. Some kind of val and pot. gayi. Oh, and that is riccia in the intake:fish2:

41 - 60 of 166 Posts