Aquatic Plant Forum banner
61 - 80 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
That mini java is really neat. I've never seen that before. :D
Yeah. Hopefully I can keep it algae free as I have somehow managed to thus far. In fact, this whole tank is my most successful at keeping algae away (knock on wood....twice for good measure lol;))
PS: Isnt it finally cooling down at any of yalls houses? This smiley-->:smow: reminded me of cooler weather that is arriving tonight (not snow though lol)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a question... I bought some Singapore moss for my tank. I stuffed it into some driftwood crevices. It really looks like it is just barely hanging on. I use a 32w full spectrum light. I have been told I need more light for my plants. Is the moss a low light plant? Do I need to attach it to the wood with something? When you say you tie the moss onto the wood, what do you use to tie it on? Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My tank is a 55 gallon. I am glad to hear that the moss is low light. I don't want to add a different light setup to the tank so I am looking for low light plants. It does get some natural sunlight from the big window behind it. I use the miniblinds to adjust how much. So far the algae has been minimal. The tank is 4 weeks old. I use a double biofilter and bubble wands. The fish seem happy enough. I have 4 blue gourami, 1 julii cory, 1 oto, 3 neon tetras. Tank has cycled, all tests have been good. Thanks for the info on the moss. I would like to add more plants, don't want to use Co2. But, I may be :frusty: Thx

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Foofooree I also just got some of the new Trident. I was surprised at how small it was. Somehow I thought it would be bigger. Kinda like the needle leaf java. Longer bigger plant just with branches. Of course there is always a chance that what I received is just young. I guess I'll find out. Yours looks a little larger than mine so who knows....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Foofooree I also just got some of the new Trident. I was surprised at how small it was. Somehow I thought it would be bigger. Kinda like the needle leaf java. Longer bigger plant just with branches. Of course there is always a chance that what I received is just young. I guess I'll find out. Yours looks a little larger than mine so who knows....
Thanks :) I was also surprised at its size. The guy told me it would get 10 inches tall, but I have read otherwise. I think that it stays this small...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Guess what?!!

The christmas moss and trident:

Sorry for not taking a final pic of the 10.
I'm not sure if I'm going to put the christmass moss back in just yet...
Oh, and it is the "new" kind of ADA tank with clearer (hardly any tinge of green when looking down the glass edge) and thicker glass (5mm)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
that looks great! That moss would look sweet crawling up the hill. You could still probably find a place for those ferns too.

p.s. I think the anubias covered wood looked better on the right side. JMO
The wood works better on this side for me because of where the tank is in my room; it's basically in the corner, and this way you have the "mountain" facing you

The glass is very clear:

Compared to an AGA 2.5 gallon tank's glass:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Was this a planned purchase or a chance encounter? I was completely against buying an ADA aquarium but when I saw it at the LFS I had to have it. I am very pleased with mine I just wish they made more accessories for nano tanks. I have the same home depot light that you have on the 2.5G that I am thinking of converting to a pendant style for my 30C. Going rimless makes it hard to even consider a rimmed tank now.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Was this a planned purchase or a chance encounter? I was completely against buying an ADA aquarium but when I saw it at the LFS I had to have it. I am very pleased with mine I just wish they made more accessories for nano tanks. I have the same home depot light that you have on the 2.5G that I am thinking of converting to a pendant style for my 30C. Going rimless makes it hard to even consider a rimmed tank now.
I planned and saved up for many months... LOL

61 - 80 of 166 Posts