Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Roy,
That's a beautiful and well-balanced scape! I personally liked the 'vesuvias' in the first pics, but cs_gardener is right, now it has much more depth and is much easier for viewing (my eyes are more naturally drawn around the tank now) . You've done great so far. Can't wait to see what happens with the path.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
The java fern will look great on the driftwood righ t where it's at. That's a good spot for it.

I know what you mean about the photography. Sometimes I take update pics and just delete the whole set because they look crummy.

Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I can't believe how large and robust your needle-leaf is. It nearly goes 2 feet across!!

The rescape looks good already, I can't wait ot see it filled in.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Roy, you may think I'm crazy, but I just tried this with great success. Hydrogen peroxide dosed at 2 ml per gallon will kill most your algae (dumped directly into tank) and won't harm you fish/shrimp/snails. I dosed some in my 55 just before going to NPT and did it at 3.5 ml/gal. I did not notice anything happening so I thought it was a waste. But, within 2 days, all algae was red and dead. My snails seemed to suffer at that high dose, but they still lived. Another guy did it at that dose and his weaker Nerites (with eroded shells) died, but nothing else suffered. Anyway, if nothing else works, it's a cheap temporary fix.

As to your new scape, I look forward to seeing what you enter into the contest! :D

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Great job! The rock placement is great and they will get darker as the scape ages. +1 on putting Fissidens on them, that would be a nice touch.

Yeah, I'm totally digging this scape. :D

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
The tenellus lawn looks fantastic! I agree, the rocks are throwing the scape off a bit. If you have some crypts you can replace them with that would work, or the blyxa as you mentioned.

The scape overall looks wonderful. I trust we'll be seeing this in the TOTY 2010 contest. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
The tank looks great! I think you should plop that new hardscape right smack in the middle. You're about to pioneer the way to CO2 via commode diffusion. :crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts