Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
It looks like you've got the plant growing part down pat; everything is so lush and healthy. It's really not a bad layout considering the number of types of plants in there. It's well grouped with different types of leaves and colors contrasting and creating interest. The only thing that bugs me is the front center where the foreground (a moss?) and mid ground plant (E. vesuvius?) are planted across the same width. Any possibility of staggering them so the edges aren't so close together?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
It looks a lot better without the E vesuvius front and center. I'm looking forward to seeing how it fills in.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
The path sounds like a great idea. Your current plant moves and trimming are already adding a lot more depth and interest. It's a lot of fun watching your tank evolve.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Looking very nice. For the L aromatica I've trimmed it both ways. It looks nicer when you pull and replant but it will grow back well just trimming off the tops and leaving the bases. It's gotten very thick and bushy when I've done this. The only time I've had trouble with it is when it became shaded by another plant while it was trying to get reestablished.

Love your assistant. Does s/he like watching your fish?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Your tank is looking nice and I love the angel. I hope the new fert regime works for you. I'll be watching your experiences as I have an imbalance in one of my tanks and I'm not sure what to do for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts