Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FREE, Just pay shipping $6. Paypal I have 4 sandwich bags of Red Root Floater. Since it's hot you have to take your chances on the temperature. I did send out 11 boxes of plants last week and all but one arrived in great condition. Unless no one wants these, 1 per person please. (There might be some duckweed in them. I tried to get all out that I could see.) 1 Left

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TexGal, do you think these would make it okay with first class mail? I don't know if it's an especially hardy plant, but since it's a floater, I figure there's a good chance it can withstand some heat.

If you think they would, and you're willing to ship through first class, I'll definitely send you a PM!

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To CA I doubt it. I just sent some stuff to CA priority and they made it. I think 1st class could take too long. Course, what do you have to loose but a couple of $$. The plants are free. It's your call.... :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Could I try then? Even if only one survives, I heard this stuff grows pretty quick! I really like the look of it too!

Sending PM!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Tex did a great job with packaging, so hers arrived in good shape for me :D I've had some others arrived cooked, though. IME good insulation is key when sending plants either in the heat or cold.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I just had some plants arrive with no insulation. Only two stems might make it. Everything else was slime. I think you really have to insulate. I use shredded paper all around the plants with bags filled with some air in the middle. I also take mine to the PO so they are not in any mail boxes until they arrive at their destination. I think it helps.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just wondering if you have any left I live in Fort Worth????

·
Registered
15 Posts
My plants arrived today. I couldn't believe how many you managed to stuff into that tiny package. You were far more than generous. Thanks for the great plants!

--
Jim

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So glad you got them. I was amazed at how quickly they arrived to you. These plant grow like crazy! You gotta love their red roots! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just had some of this plant shipped from CA to NC. two thirds of it arrived in great shape the rest was cooked. It was shipped Mon and made it here today (Wed), it was hotter than usual today and it got to ride in the mail truck until 3 PM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.