Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I do not think it is a good idea to make an assumption like that whether it is rotoundfolia or indica. lets just say it is Rotoundfolia (The most common by far). Nutrients level will affect color radically. Now to fix your problem, Check to see co2 is 25-35, If it is good raise KNO3 dosages, if still no improvement raise KH2PO4 dosages. If nothing has happend maybe add a little Potassium. It does not look like a trace defeciency. Thoughs are usually obviouse from White new growth. if you have White new growth add more Iron + traces.

That is the best i know to tell you.

A week to be sure. Here is what i do, Tom barr recommended this fertilization regimne to me.

Sunday: 6ppm NO3 from KNO3, 1.9ppm PO4 from KH2PO4
Monday: Flourish + Flourish Iron
Tuesday:6ppm NO3 from KNO3, 1.9ppm PO4 from KH2PO4
Wednesday:Flourish + Flourish Iron
Thursday:6ppm NO3 from KNO3, 1.9ppm PO4 from KH2PO4
Friday:Flourish + Flourish Iron
Saturday:6ppm NO3 from KNO3, 1.9ppm PO4 from KH2PO4
Sunday:6ppm NO3 from KNO3, 1.9ppm PO4 from KH2PO4 (After WC)

Works good for me. Our light levels are pretty similar. I dont know about your bioload, i have 11 otos in my tank right now, that is all. The shrimp should not add much ammonium or anything. So i would say try that if you dont want to do all this guess and check.

hey..thanks for sharing...great example..

mind posting your tank parameters too?? as i'm really having trouble trying to figure out Tom Barr's method in order to apply it to my tank.

guess i'm starting to get hold of the idea now..

thanks again..

Just to chime in on a small detail, there is a Rotala rotundifolia "Colorata" circulating outside of the United States in countries of Asia and Europe.

More information can be obtained from the Dennerle website:

www.dennerle.com

This is the bright red "rotundifolia" Takashi Amano has been using in his layouts. What we have in the United States is a more toned down variety.

Carlos

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.