Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This plants is very unusual in that I have two different types of morphing from the same group of stems. The first was a stem clearly morphing into what looked like Rotala macrandra 'green' and another stem is now morphing into what looks like Rotala "true" indica, aka Ammania 'bonsai' sp.

I know others here have said that there have also morphed in other plant but, does anyone really know the true origin and back ground of this plant?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
pics? :)

I don't think anyone has more info on it yet - but it would be neat to continue a 'group investigation'.

Has anyone grown it emersed yet?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a photo of the stem that has morphed into Rotala macrandra 'green' The stem is the bottom one and the other is actually Rotala macrandra 'green' narrow leaf. They look identical.

Here are a couple of pics of another stem morphing into Rotala 'true' indica

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yes it does, but smaller though. I'm curious to see if it goes back to the Mini Growth but from the current strong growth I'm getting it does'nt seem that way.

Do you remember changing any parameter in particular prior to the morph?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I did not change any parameters. I bought mine from Tex gal and only one stem has morphed so far.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I boght some from tex gal a while back and have lots of it now. None of it has morphed, but the leaves are getting bigger compared to how it started out.

I have grown this emersed and will try to post pics of it soon. I think it looks really nice grown emersed and it seems to try to grow along the ground when grown emersed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts