Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
No flourite wont help. My plants are doing the EXACT same thing. They just look bad. Grow funny. all that. Whats weird is my only good looking stem of it is in my 20 gallon that i pretty much ignore besides adding the nutrients. Which is almost identicle to the nutrients in my 50gallon. I suspected maybe this plant greatly prefers the red spectrum because the only big differences in the two is that i add my traces dry to the 20 gallon and in a solution in the 50 gallon.... And that my light is 8800k in my 50gallon and Aquarays in the 20 gallon. I have Miracle grow under Eco complete in the 20gallon and EW casting unboiled in the 50 gallon under Flourite. With all thoughs nutrients you would think the that substrate would be no big deal.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Tom. For awhile my nitrates were somewhere around 30-40, hard to tell. What do you suggest i try if nitrate is not the issue?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Carlos do you by any chance of a load of surface scum on the tank? Also what bulbs are you using. After pretty much a year of wanting/trying to figure this plant out i think i got it (Knock of wood a bunch of times). Are your other plants pearling?

·
Registered
645 Posts
When i increased my fish load/Changed to 10000k/rid myself of surface scum the plant really started to pick up. I did all this at the same time so i do not know what it is. But all my plants are now pearling and streaming when they were not before. I was thinking maybe the o2 level in the high range is what the plant likes but maybe not. A question for anyone who has it growing nicely... Does it form much of a root system?

·
Registered
645 Posts
All i know is that its growing good for me now. And i owe it to Tom. He put me on a new fert routine to get rid of algae and by doing that this plant perked up bigtime. One thing i can say is with all the rain the water has gone down 4 degrees KH and i dont know about GH. So maybe the softer water is key. But i hope not because once rain season is over it would crash if that were true. Tom what is the hardest water you have grown it in?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.