Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my aponogeton madacascarensis suddenly lost all it's leaves so I just checked the bulb and like half of it is rot, in an effort to clean it half of it came off so in this case I really don't know what to do, should I keep it in another temporary jar and see if it will grow back, or should I just toss it away?
Someone has experience with bulbs and this problem??

·
Registered
852 Posts
Put it back in the substrate and see if it sends up new leaves in a few months. Moving it to a jar probably did not make it very happy, what with the temperature differences and whatnot. I try not to disturb my resting bulbs.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I had a few dwarf lilly bulbs that didnt sprout, but the one in the corner of the tank i forgot about is finally sending up leaves.

·
Registered
68 Posts
the rotted portion of the bulb, was just food storage. I have had a number of Aponogeton species rot in a similar fashion, usually when their growth is itterrupted by shading from another plant. A good cleaning of the bulb, trimming of roots and leaves, and nourishment (CO2, Root tabs) upon replanting will typically help them rebound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts