Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get rid of runaway Christmas Moss? Its all over my plants and ornaments. Due to the water temp (84 degrees, without a heater, for my Wattley Discus), the moss is stringy and brown. When I try to pull the moss out it falls apart and spreads to other areas of the tank. It's taken over my tank. I am not looking to tearing my tank down as the fish are thriving.
I run my tank per instructions from Wattley Enterprises. Using CO2, aged tap water, Seachem ferts, and weekly water changes. I do not test my water, and never had any problems, with water clarity or fish deaths in years.After the Hurricane passes us (Ike), and I run out of black worms (( buy them by the pound) ( bi monthly)), I will be traveling to Miami and will contact Wattley. Till then, anyone know how to eliminate Christmas Moss?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Pull out all you can while vacuuming to do you best to suck out all that disconnects and floats away, and do an immediate large water change. Might have to do multiple changes for a couple weeks. That should get it under some control hopefully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts