Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
I have a 6" SAE in a plant tank and he leaves everything alone (crypts, red root floater, salvinia oblongifolia, pellia, mini pellia, subwassertang, sword plant, java fern, bolbitis...) and I have 4 in my other well planted tank (3" fish) and hey dont bother several hygro sp., downoi, tennelus, najas, pellia, or java fern. They do display at eachother a lot (side shimmy/tail whacking) but leave everything else alone. My rainbowfish pair keep them in line.

sorry to hear your bad luck. ive never had problems with mine. they will eat regular food, but you cant blame um. fish are opportunistic.

· r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
Re: SAE's good bye!

Folks, I have 3 SAEs in my 38-gallon tank. Based on what everyone's saying, I should remove them. I put them in there to take care of any algae in the tank. What algae eaters should I swap them for, should I find them cleaning out any plants?

Thank you.
I don't know if that's the consensus, but ottos and shrimp would be less boisterous and more manageable in a smaller aquarium.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.