Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thanks, brotha Thahn for posting these great pix. Made me feel like I was actually there;)

The water really looked crystal clear. Wondering if can put some Amanos or some crystals and let them take off...........just food for thought LOL!

·
Registered
830 Posts
There is a book for Texas aquatic plants, one of our field guides had a copy and he said it was hard to get. HoustonFishFanatic probably knows the name of the book. But considering that some of our waterways are littered with so many introduced spiecies I would include a general plant id book as well.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Do you have a list of what these plants are? I'm looking for something to help me identify the plants in the river here. Thanks!
Texasbatlady, Aquatic and Wetland Plants of the Western Gulf Coast
By Charles D. Stutzenbaker is a good book of identification of local plants.
For the identification of plants in this trip check out this article on the Collection Trip.
Thanks
Bhushan

·
Registered
145 Posts
I shudder at the thought of anything -else- being dumped into this river. I attend school here and have seen it's transformation over the past 3-4 years. Just the other day I spotted more crawfish that made there way into the river from the local crawfish boil that was at my apartment complex two days ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts