Aquatic Plant Forum banner

SAPS, Welcome to APC!

10K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Uncle Rico 
#1 ·
APC welcomes the Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society. Thanks for being apart of APC! Let us know if you need anything.

-John N.

#3 ·
Hi,
Sorry to be so late answering this. We are pretty new, having been in operation for only about 5 months. We have 10 members, to date, and usually have 7-9 at our meetings. So, we are a small group, where everyone gets to say whatever they want, and get answers to any questions they have. Our members range from people just starting with a planted tank, to those of us who have been keeping such tanks for several years.

If you are in the area, please join us at our next meeting. It helps if you go to http://intplantscaping.meetup.com/11/ and join the group, so we know how many to expect at the meeting.

#6 ·
That's quite a drive for a plant society meeting, but you would certainly be welcome to come. If you do it, why not come early and check out the LFS in the area? We do have three that are worth a visit just for the enjoyment: Capital Aquarium, Fish Planet, Exotic Aquarium.

#13 ·
The October meeting will be on October 2nd at the usual Pizza place - Roundtable Pizza at Howe Ave and Arden Way, at 6:00 pm. The "field trip" had to be called off because our destination aquatic plant nursery is not yet in shape to receive visitors. But, we should be able to meet there for the November meeting. For the October meeting, since we hadn't planned any other program, I will do a brief presentation about substrates, and I promise to bring enough charcoal colored Soilmaster for about a 5 gallon tank to give away.

#14 ·
Our November meeting will be the 6th, next Tuesday night, at the Roundtable Pizza at Arden and Howe, starting at about 6:00 pm. Tom Barr will be doing the presentation this time, discussing his CO2 reactors, and answering our questions. Plus, he promises to bring along some of his surplus equipment to sell at rock bottom prices. And, of course, we will have our usual plant swap - free plants for everyone whether you bring plants or not. This meeting looks like it will be very well attended, so don't miss it if you are in the Sacramento area.

#15 ·
Can I join up with you guys?

I'm from Fresno, but you seem to be the closest group to me. I'm sure I can make the occasional meeting, after all, I could use it as an excuse to hit up Fry's, Ikea and Capitol Aquariums.

Thanks!
Mario

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.