Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Privyet, Shto gorad?

When I visited Voronezh five years ago, I was not into aquariums, now I wish that I had been able to grab some russky aquarium products. Are there any true russian made and designed products, not just asian copies?
Hello there)
Unfortunatly, as I said in greetings forum thread there is not much in our aquariumistic - we mostly using foreign products.
If you mean some kind of aquaristic stuff - like filters, CO2, tanks..Well, there is some companies who produces tanks(Aquanara, Biora..) - but their tanks isnt perfect - they are with rims and stacks, no open top, have low light and usually too high - more for keeping cihlidaes I would say. Also there is some production like artifical deko - but I highly dislike those stuff from any manufacturer.
The best firm here is AquaLogo(http://www.aqualogo.ru/eng/) - they are biggest retailers in Russia, also they do design work - http://www.aqualogo.ru/portfolio/index.php - some of their works. They produce some stuff as well(tanks, decorations - such as massive artifical reef stones and so..but its mostly marine)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Some news. Few days ago I have finally got the fishes. I choosed rummy-nose teras and limon tetras as two main mid-level schools. Upper level is vacant still. Thinking about glass tetras(damn - tetra invasion!)
Also was able to get few ottos. Unfortunatly 3 of them died - they were too small and stupid to get half-sucked in my inflow filter tube. Since its DIY - for amano-style water circulation some holes were too big..Now I sealed the biggest holes - hope there will be not any new casualities because of that..Pity, ottos too cute to deserve this. I should be more vigilant about such accidents in future.
Aslo, 4 lime tetras died one-by-one right after the waterchange - no clear idea why - other fish felt good. Perhaps those ones were the weakest and died because of shock or some water parameter change..No idea..But its rare when 100% of fish survives.
But this is all could be for nothing since today happened a real disaster for all us who using canister filters - electricity downage. I wasnt home when it occured(went to firestation to resupply my CO2 ballon) - so I was unable to save bacteria colony in my filter. Electricity was restored only a few hours later - some guy few floors up flooded everything under his flat - 12 floors:-O - My flat is dry, but electro-shield was down..
Well, I cleared my bag of lava,added some bacteries from bottle( its Dennerle stuff) - hope they will colonize its pretty soon again - also some of them should be left in tank itself - especially in bottom.
I afraid to get an nitrite explosion in my tank - so I guess I have to do a lot of waterchanges during few days and add this Dennerle bacteries more often then I usualy did.
So far everything is alive( about 4 hours left). Seems guys gonna sit on major diet, heh)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh, this is a terrible thing! Hopefully you can save all your flora and fauna.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Almost week have passed and there is no deaths - seems I was quite lucky. Just my water surface covered with a smoky film - its bacter one, should be pass after a month, but it doesnt..Cause of some sort of "restart" I should wait another month I guess.
Btw, HC have finally started to grow and cover my bottom - pleasure to observe that)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts