Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's everyone getting their scales for measuring the ferts or is there a method to use without the weighing?

·
Registered
697 Posts
check out a hydroponics shop in your area, that's where i got mine, which is actually where i got all my dry ferts from. otherwise there's always ebay. unfortunately there is no name on my scale, so i can't give you the brand name.

you don't need anything fancy, just something that measures in grams, and allows you to "zero" out the weight of whatever is going to be holding your ferts.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got mine from target or wal-mart. Just a basic kitchen scale. ~$20. Does the job perfectly.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking digital would be the way to go just for accuracy in measuring. Or are you guys also using the non-digi scales?

·
Registered
395 Posts
or you could measure in teaspoons...i actually stopped measuring and just eyeball it. seems to work. EI method gives you some room to be off your measurement i believe.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just picked one up today as a matter of fact. Went over to my friendly neighborhood head shop, "The Black" here in San Diego and picked up this http://www.americanweigh.com/product_info.php?products_id=281 for 35 bucks. You are sure to have a local head shop that carries these. They have some cheaper, but I need something I can handle, not so tiny it fits in my pocket :rolleyes:

Not sure the guy believed it was for aquarium fert's but hey, I just started dosing PPS-pro today!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I was thinking digital would be the way to go just for accuracy in measuring. Or are you guys also using the non-digi scales?
i would use a digital scale that measures in grams. you would have a tough time doing that with measuring spoons, especially the amounts that are needed.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay great...thanks guys. Got one ordered and hopefully should be on my way to being a homemade chemist! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts