Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...at least one other group has agreed to put a person's first name in their signature. I think that's just the friendly thing to do.

So...how about putting your name in your sig as well as posting it here?

Hello. My name is Mike. I've been addicted for at least 2 years now...

·
Registered
542 Posts
hmmm...I bet no one can figure out my name. :D Anyways, good idea.

Hi... I'm Jeff and I started planted tanks about a year ago. I started keeping fish two years ago.

·
Registered
93 Posts
hi i'm brandon

first planted tank 8 years ago (old uniquaria yahoogroup member)
first reef tank 4 years ago (nano-reef.com moderator 3 years)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm Ben :)

Had a 25T for about 5 years...experimented with different plants...
Got small Anubias from original that can't be killed! LOL Tried a variety of different plants and some work, others don't. Only so much you can do with a Low light Eclipse hood.

Now I got me a 55 Gal South American with lots of light! Plants growing like crazy and getting ready to start injecting CO2. It's a learning curve but I'll manage!

BTW, I may have some Bolivian Rams available if I can ever get them to pair off and spawn!

:peace:

-Ben

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jon here. Got started last august when friend gave me his 10 gal. Started planting about a month ago. Working on a 20 gal long right now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My name is Jason and I've been in the hobby for *starts counting*....2 years now :D. I haven't actually started a real planted tank yet, just a tank with lots of plants in it ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm Lu. Been in various segments of aquaria since I was a kid. Started with goldfish, progressed to carnivores (arowana, oscars etc.), then an initial run in with a planted tank w/ diy co2, after that saltwater fish and inverts. Right now, I have 40g saltwater tank with various soft corals, inverts and fish, a 160g outdoor pre-formed pond with goldfish and plants (the koi became raccoon supper), and my new 2 month old 100g planted tank.

My handle shrimpy1 came from saltwater cleaner shrimps. To my surprise, shrimps have become such a big thing in fw planted tanks.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great responses! I was just making a play on any of the anonymous groups with my intro, but it's nice to hear some of your backgrounds in case you were like me and didn't ever do an intro when you joined the site ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Im Kurtis....I started getting serious about my tanks about a year ago but I had a few tanks before with some oscars, jack dempseys, electric yellows and various others....I started with a planted tank about 7 months ago and fell deep for it.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just joined, I'm Cassie, obivously, and I've kept aquariums (started with goldfish that I still have) for around 5 years. I've had plants for around 6 months and still have a lot to learn!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm Bruce. I joined a couple of months ago but been keeping aquariums since I was a kid. We have various tanks including separate ones for discus, angelfish, small tetras and a nano reef.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hiya! I'm Christin. I too am addicted. Thought I would join a group who also suffer from this affliction. As they say....the more the merrier! ;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts