Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Welcome, Christin! We'll see if we can't get something in SD at some point ;)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi im Cooper, i have 1 year experiance of fish keeping and this is my first time to attemp planted tank, i almost study everything for 3 months Co2, Lightning, Substrate, Water Chemistry and Fertilizer. And ready to have some planted tanks, thanks for all those people who help me, and thanks for all the plant donation i really appreciate it.

www.aquaticplantcentral.com
www.plantedtank.net

The best Forum for Planted tank
And Hi! to all SCAPE member :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi.My name is cesar mora,i been in the hobby(addiction)since i was 6 years old that is almost 20 years of experince i started with godeids,poecilids,swordtails and turtles,wich i cach myself in mexico.
i used to have reef thanks full with beatifull sps but too expensive for me rigt now,i have breed discus,apistos,gudgeons,and also venemous snakes.

cesar mora.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi,jonh the hc is doing great but 3 of the shrimp died i think that the water of my tanks is too soft for them, but i set up a new tank with tap water just for them hopping that they breed.

cesar mora.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'll comment on the cherries I got from you, John... They're doing great! At least two, if not three or four of the females are carrying eggs! I'm so excited! How long to they typically carry the eggs?

·
Registered
337 Posts
In conjunction with Cassie's question... I bought a few ghost shrimp about a year ago and thought they all were eaten. I have recently, however, found a minimum of 3 of them. Two were carrying eggs and one of them seems to have turned red. Kind of confused on the red one.

Guess the question I wanted to ask is weather the eggs have a chance in a community tank. I am now gathering equipment to make a 10g shrimp tank. These 3 shrimp may be the first occupants.

Hope this ain't to far off topic,
dale

·
Registered
561 Posts
well, to continue on the off topicness...we threw in some ghost shrimp in my mom's old tank which had angles, knowing they'd most likely be a yummy treat for them and they soon vanished, only to periodically re-appear and then disappear again. The tank was only moderatly planted too. I have ghost shrimp in my 29g community with yoyo loaches, cories, tetras, and dwarf gouramis (formerly powder blue, now honey) and they do fine. Alone in a tank, I've had ghosts breed and usually I'll get between 3-6 who make it to adulthood from each batch, but it's not really worthwhile to breed them, since you can get them 10 or 12 for $1... and they are useless algea eaters. If you really want to try shrimp in your community tank, I've heard it's a good idea to set up a shrimp tank and then just move the adults over to the community tank and don't expect the babies to make it, although there are always the few that surprise you! =)

As for the redness a few of my ghosts have red spots on their tails or antenas, but never actually turned red all over...

I hope that's at least a bit helpful!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
OK...there are nearly 50 folks in the SCAPE group. 31 posts in this thread means a lot of folks are being shy. Let us know your name!!!

And make sure you've added yourself to Frappr!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All

Howdy folks.

Well, I'm a science teacher in Long Beach, and I'm setting up my first(sort of) plant tank.

My fishy resume.....

Hahaha. I spent 2 years in high school working in the Petsmart Fish department. When I was working there I tried one plant tank, but was surprised when all of the Tetra soil that I bought washed away. lmao. (don't worry...super employee discount).

So now I have come around full circle, and decided to set up a 50g plant tank in my science classroom. Needless to say, this will have to be as DIY and budget friendly as possible. Anyone have any plant clippings/plants they want to donate to the youth of Long Beach? =)

So I've had a great time researching my new set up, and can't wait for the first Scape RL meating.

Greetings,
Jon

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hey I am a youth of Long Beach. :)

Where do you teach? It seems we wont have a meeting soon but I am sure some one can help you out with some clippings. I wish I had a science teacher with this much interest in planted aquariums. One of my teachers has a goldfish in a 10g thats about it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey every one

My name is John Pirrone, all my friends call me Pepperonihead! I have been into planted tanks for aproximately eight years or more, can't remember! I have had fish tanks since I was a little guy. My tank now is a 72 gallon bow front with tons of plants, rainbows, some Apistos, some endlers, Congos, neons, etc. I am addicted and need to go to Plantaholics anonymous!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hey, John! I'm right there with you. If my wife would let me I'd have more than 3 tanks set up!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts