Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi im Cooper, i have 1 year experiance of fish keeping and this is my first time to attemp planted tank, i almost study everything for 3 months Co2, Lightning, Substrate, Water Chemistry and Fertilizer. And ready to have some planted tanks, thanks for all those people who help me, and thanks for all the plant donation i really appreciate it.

www.aquaticplantcentral.com
www.plantedtank.net

The best Forum for Planted tank
And Hi! to all SCAPE member :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi.My name is cesar mora,i been in the hobby(addiction)since i was 6 years old that is almost 20 years of experince i started with godeids,poecilids,swordtails and turtles,wich i cach myself in mexico.
i used to have reef thanks full with beatifull sps but too expensive for me rigt now,i have breed discus,apistos,gudgeons,and also venemous snakes.

cesar mora.

·
Registered
337 Posts
In conjunction with Cassie's question... I bought a few ghost shrimp about a year ago and thought they all were eaten. I have recently, however, found a minimum of 3 of them. Two were carrying eggs and one of them seems to have turned red. Kind of confused on the red one.

Guess the question I wanted to ask is weather the eggs have a chance in a community tank. I am now gathering equipment to make a 10g shrimp tank. These 3 shrimp may be the first occupants.

Hope this ain't to far off topic,
dale

·
Registered
561 Posts
well, to continue on the off topicness...we threw in some ghost shrimp in my mom's old tank which had angles, knowing they'd most likely be a yummy treat for them and they soon vanished, only to periodically re-appear and then disappear again. The tank was only moderatly planted too. I have ghost shrimp in my 29g community with yoyo loaches, cories, tetras, and dwarf gouramis (formerly powder blue, now honey) and they do fine. Alone in a tank, I've had ghosts breed and usually I'll get between 3-6 who make it to adulthood from each batch, but it's not really worthwhile to breed them, since you can get them 10 or 12 for $1... and they are useless algea eaters. If you really want to try shrimp in your community tank, I've heard it's a good idea to set up a shrimp tank and then just move the adults over to the community tank and don't expect the babies to make it, although there are always the few that surprise you! =)

As for the redness a few of my ghosts have red spots on their tails or antenas, but never actually turned red all over...

I hope that's at least a bit helpful!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
OK...there are nearly 50 folks in the SCAPE group. 31 posts in this thread means a lot of folks are being shy. Let us know your name!!!

And make sure you've added yourself to Frappr!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello All

Howdy folks.

Well, I'm a science teacher in Long Beach, and I'm setting up my first(sort of) plant tank.

My fishy resume.....

Hahaha. I spent 2 years in high school working in the Petsmart Fish department. When I was working there I tried one plant tank, but was surprised when all of the Tetra soil that I bought washed away. lmao. (don't worry...super employee discount).

So now I have come around full circle, and decided to set up a 50g plant tank in my science classroom. Needless to say, this will have to be as DIY and budget friendly as possible. Anyone have any plant clippings/plants they want to donate to the youth of Long Beach? =)

So I've had a great time researching my new set up, and can't wait for the first Scape RL meating.

Greetings,
Jon

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey every one

My name is John Pirrone, all my friends call me Pepperonihead! I have been into planted tanks for aproximately eight years or more, can't remember! I have had fish tanks since I was a little guy. My tank now is a 72 gallon bow front with tons of plants, rainbows, some Apistos, some endlers, Congos, neons, etc. I am addicted and need to go to Plantaholics anonymous!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.