Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, not sure if I am the one that should take the initiative to design a scape website, but here are some designs I came up with. What do you guys think? Too earlier since there is not formal structure to the club or no? I know a few you guys have website design knowledge, server space. Maybe we can work closely together somehow? I still have a few weeks left for my vacation so I had some time....

For the first layout, I really hopw ADIN doesn't mind that I used his picture of his 5g cube. If you mind then I will change it immediately... I apologize and I wanted to get things done. The design is not final, I can tweak it anyway, and I am not trying to say in anyway that I am the only that can design the site or anything. I really wanted to keep the layouts simple and easy to navigate through so all members and visitors could have a pleasant visit. Just throwing up some ideas...

I personally like the first one the most. If you guys and gals could offer me some pictures to use for the site with credits I would be glad to use them.
Suggestions? Comments? Concerns? Anything?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
John...you could always put them up on a server so folks can see what it looks like in the browser. You've got two folks offering space. ;)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, can one of you guys help me host them? My server space only allows 1mb or upload.... that's the problem with free webspace. So if we can host the layouts on a server, then people can vote and we can start raising funds for a domain name? Also, I was just wondering if your guys' servers have php ftp and all that? It would be easier for me.

Big thanks to everyone. Oh, and by the first one do you guys mean the green or the yellow?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, now that we have somethings settled, what would be a good domain name? Scape.com .net .org etc is taken...... it's too generic.:( I would appreciate/encourage it if people that want to make the club a little more known to help.

Here's what's avaliable.. that I thought up
aquariascape.com
scapeaquaria.com
aquascaper.org<---I like this one
aquascapers.org
scapeonline.org
scapeonline.net
thescape.org<----makes the most sense
thescape.net<----makes the most sense
scapesite.net
scapeplace.com
greenthumbscape.com<---interesting, too long?
scapers.org
freshscape.net
freshscape.org
socalaquascapers.com<---thanks Guppy
scapeclub.org

·
Registered
357 Posts
I like the Green. I love the design and the banner looks great across adin's tank.

I can only mirror and help admin Apache, etc on Linux if needed.

I like scapeonline.org more than thescape.org, but agree with you on which makes the most sense. I just think The SCAPE sounds like a bad psychedelic band. :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i like the first one, i dont know much about the server or internet but my Internet provider (charter) offers me i think 20mb web page acoount something like that

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep in mind when thinking or domain names that .com is the most common and if we do choose .net .org people will sometimes enter .com instead. And keep the suggestioins coming. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Of the choices for domain names given I liked scapeonline.org or scapesite.net. I did a few quick searches last night myself. I looked up scapesocal.com and it came back negative, so that may be available. I liked it.

As for the home page I think I like the yellow, but they all look good.

Thanks for listening,
dale

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
These are great domain names:

Scapesocal.com

SocalAquascapers.com

Either of the two will work.

Great looking layout John (turtlehead). The Yellow looks more professional then the rest. But the blue looks just as good too.

-John N.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I agree with John N's sentiment on the Yellow color scheme, as well as the blue one. Also agree that SocalAquascapers.com is my favorite domain name

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hey...I thought someone said socalaquascapers.com was available...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts