Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a planted tank set up. I have looked at getting tetras for the tank. When schooling it says groups of 6 or more on each type, rummy nose and cardinal. Does that mean 6+ of each type, or since they are both tetras, can you do just 6 or more total with both combined??

·
Registered
296 Posts
With two species as different in coloration as rummy nose and cardinal tetras, I would make sure to get at least six of each type if you want both. How large is your tank? If it will only fit six fish, I would go with a single species.

·
Registered
185 Posts
With two species as different in coloration as rummy nose and cardinal tetras, I would make sure to get at least six of each type if you want both. How large is your tank? If it will only fit six fish, I would go with a single species.
This is invaluable information when dealing with any sp. of schooling fish. Although you could probably get away with a school of cardinal/neon tetras together - not suggesting you do this though. Your fish would be much happier with 12+ of the same sp. starting out with any schooling fish. In my experience it helps them acclimate knowing they have plenty of buddies with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts