Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to Providence, RI from Birmingham, AL. This is my first year teaching middle school science and my students are really getting into our planted tanks. We have a 55 gallon that has been running for 4 months and we just started a 45 gallon river tank.

Brass Tacks: I am looking for some clippings, seeds, spores, etc. I can't afford aquarium store prices, yet I don't want to leaving my students hanging. Any help is appreciated.

Ryan
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to CAPE. Are you in driving distance to New Haven CT? Most of the plant club meetings are held in that area. I'm sure there would be lots of plants and advice available if you attended the next meeting. The next meeting is coming up in the next two or three weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Next meeting is in Fairfield, actually, and that's probably a good 2+ hour drive each way. I have all the plants you could need here and will gladly sell them at well-below-wholesale prices, (if you want to try plants from seed I can even offer up a few of those).

I can also try shipping if you want, though shipping this time of year is rather risky (and shipping costs are higher this time of year thanks to the extra weight of heatpacks).

I always love to see kids getting the opportunity to have fish tanks. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for helping him out ya'll! I sent him here from the NEAPS forum, which of course died. I would normally provide him with plants, but I just had a meltdown in my tank thanks to the water department here in Chicago... Thanks for your help guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts