Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
You need something on the end of the powerhead or it will get clogged up. You can get small spronge replacements and put floss in it. I put a bottle, with the bottom cut out, at the end of mine and filled it with floss.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Now I just need the rest of my fish, but since I don't have a great filtration system yet, I'll hold off till my eheim gets here.
I have found that some people don't use a filter in a planted tank. Found out from Hoppycalif that with Co2 injected you need more circulation. Have found that increased circulation from powerhead helps keep BBA at bay in my tank.

I saw someone fix up diy Co2 with powerhead in a manner that the powerhead would also circulate the water. It was done with a tube on the intake of the powerhead. In the tube a sponge was placed and then the Co2 output tube placed under the sponge through a hole. The tube was capped at the end, which uncertain if necessary.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I got my livestock today! I also turned my failed external heater housing into a CO2 reactor so at least I have some equipment out of the tank.
That sounds interesting. How did you do that? I can't envision it for my heaters don't put off any circulation which a reactor needs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts