Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm gonna place an order to DT Pets for some ferts later tonight... If anyone wants to jump in to the order, let me know... Actual price and shipping cost info are below... Will take orders until 6pm EST... And payment is via paypal... We can talk about the pick-up later :) Thanks!

So here's their availability and prices online at www.dtpetsupplies.com:

Seachem Flourish Excel
2L - $22.99
4L - $42.99

Seachem Flourish Trace
2L - $22.99

Seachem Flourish Comprehensive
4L - $42.99

For shipping, the following applies per volume and quantity of your order/s:
- 2L order is $4 (+$2 for every additional 2L)
- 4L order is $6 (+$4 for every additional 4L)
- For mixed 2L/4L (or vice versa) order, it's $3 for every additional...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Wish I'd seen this last night - I'd have gotten the Excel 4L and maybe some Trace... darn. Was off eating dinner w/family for Father's day... oh well. Maybe next time!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I ended up buying the ferts from Big Al's... They currently offer FREE shipping for orders $75 and up! So I got me some 11 500ml bottles of Seachem ferts :)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Actually, I ended up buying the ferts from Big Al's... They currently offer FREE shipping for orders $75 and up! So I got me some 11 500ml bottles of Seachem ferts :)
Hmm, I might have to go look there for some lights... I want to put something brighter over that 20gal guppy tank so the Lud. inclinata 'Cuba' can grow better... shall have to go ponder that...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Khanzer,

Do you have any spare Trace or Iron among the 11 bottles you bought? If so, can I buy them from you?

thanks,

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Khanzer,

Do you have any spare Trace or Iron among the 11 bottles you bought? If so, can I buy them from you?

thanks,
Yes I do! I can spare 1 500ml Trace to you :) I'll let you know when the package arrived, it's already in transit since yesterday...

If this ALL Seachem ferts go well, I might order again in 2-3 mos. time so I'll post another group buy thread, or better yet, just update this thread by then... Or if anyone is ordering sooner, let me know! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
See, the thing about me is that I always want a new light. And if I bought one every time I wanted one, I'd have a bunch of really nice aquariums and have nothing but dust bunnies in my bank account.

That said, I totally caved and ordered one. Got a Coralife 1x65w PC Freshwater Aqualight on the way... figure over the 20g that'll give me 3.25wpg and if the Lud. cuba can't grow in that much light, I don't want it anymore. :D Meanwhile I'm sure my Lud. repens x arcuata will grow up out the top of the tank or something :mrgreen:

Also ordered a gallon of Excel and half-gallon of Trace from DT while I was racking up the bills :D

Anyone want to do a group order of plants from AquaBotanic while I'm splurging?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Do you have their plant stocklist? Or just go online?

I'm still on the lookout for 2 inline needle valves, maybe I'll check their site and see if they have it :)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I was just going to order off the site, but I hear it's closing soon-ish so I want to snag some of the harder-to-find plants. That Nesea 'Gold' is cool...

LMK if you want in on the order ;)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Blah! I need some new trace as well, my CSM+B is about 2 months from running out (if I decide to start dosing properly).
Pfft, proper dosing is for squares. Just throw some ferts in there every now and then, eyeball measuring it and all that, and everything's good :p

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, hey, hey, what's the bashing all about, huh?! You might hurt some other peep's feelings ya know! :spy: LOL

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Awww, I mean no harm by it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, John. :biggrin:

...if it makes you feel any better, I'm the biggest square of all time. Except I still never measure ferts. :p

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No tears, I just sniffed LOL

I do measure dry ferts (by digital scale) for my liquid fert bottles but when it comes to dosing, I just pour them and stop when I feel to :D

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I do measure dry ferts (by digital scale) for my liquid fert bottles but when it comes to dosing, I just pour them and stop when I feel to :D
Well, see, that's different. It's good to know how much powder went into the bottle (not that I measure that, either). But as to how much of the bottle goes into the tank, well, that's all about guesstimation :p

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep! ;)

BTW, my order from Big Al's arrived today! Now I'm all set, I can now commence my Seachem ferts experiment :D

Riverboa, I have the spare Trace for you so let me know your sched so we could meet in Norwalk or better yet, I'll just drop it off to your place so I could also check/see your tanks :)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Good luck ;) Hope the Seachem trial goes well :D We'll all be watching with bated breath.... or not, since if we all try to bate our breaths for that long we'll probably faint, but you get the point.

Also hoping my new light from BA's shows up in the next day or two, 'cause then I have an excuse to mess around with rescaping and such. Any excuse to shuffle plants around and all that jazz... :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts