Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to throw this out there to see if there was interest by others or the admins on adding a section that has subsections for locations (states for the US) and a section for emersed projects/questions?

·
Super Moderator
5,858 Posts
You will find a lot of that information in the "Local and Regional Clubs" section of the forum. Coverage of the USA is spotty, depending on whether there is an active club that has requested its own forum in a particular location. If you aren't covered by an existing one, try posting in "Clubs/Societies Announcements" to see if there is interest in your area.

·
Administrator
363 Posts
We can always add sub-sections if there is a high enough of a demand for a particular one and the mods are pro the idea. There already are quite a few US locations as sub-sections for groups.

~Sheena

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input! Sorry for not replying sooner.

More so what I was thinking was a subsection that could be put in the FS/Trade for States in the US. This would allow people who prefer to locally trade or are looking to buy stuff locally to filter out other postings. This also could be done by adding a mandatory drop down option for location on all FS/Trade postings.

Also, the DMV (DC, Maryland, & Virginia) area is generally supported by GWAPA whose section hasn't been active since 2013. I didn't want to post up local stuff in their section so that's why I wanted to know if regions could be created.

Should I post up regional stuff in "Local and Regional Clubs" even though it's not pertaining to a club?

Thanks again for your input!

·
Super Moderator
5,858 Posts
If it is a sale, wanted, or trade item, post it in the For Sale forum, with a location in the title of the thread--"For sale vallisneria local pickup only in Dallas".

Other non-sale topics can go in "Local and Regional Clubs" or even in the general interest forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts