Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Should I Seperate the Microswords, Larger Swords, and Dwarf Hair Grass using plastic?

• YES

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • NO

Votes: 5 83.3%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had seen this in one of the post that someone mentioned about seperating plants by using plastic stuck into the gravel. I have a 10 gallon tank. I have an Apongonten, microswords, dwarf hair grass, some small crypt, a larger bunch of crypts, a small amazon sword, and another bunch of plants that resemble a large version of microswords. Would it look natural to let everything grow together or has anyone done the seperating thing? Also I was going to try to get a small piece of driftwood and put moss on it. So what do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
When attempting a growout tank I tried to separate the plant growth with cut acrylic. I found that the circulation near and most likely in the gravel was very poor and mulm would easily build up around the edges. This setup was for a 29g with a 2213 Eheim. The plants grew much nicer without the acrylic, especially lower growing foreground plants like C. parva and E. tennellus micro. Maybe a suggestion is to use rocks which partially lay in the gravel and are exposed. I have found this to be nicer in dividing plant groups and is more aesthetically pleasing for an aquascape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thin rocks like red slate. Cause I have have red gravel in my 10. Im hoping to get another tank up and going very soon. Im not sure what size it is though.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts