Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're pleased to present a nice 576 liter setup by Olivier Ly from France as our September Tank of the Month:

Olivier has been keeping planted tanks for several years. Amano's work was the source of inspiration for his latest creation.

For full details about this setup and other smaller works, please check out the article in the Library.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What did you use to construct your aquarium stand and light fixture? It looks like like the thickest styrofoam that I have ever seen. Is it a particular type of styrofoam?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a pic of this tank on my Desktop at work. I love how it looks so simple and natural, and yet undeniably complex and detailed.

Love it, love it, love it!! Great work!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
After several years and alot of browsing among these aquarium web sites, everything looks the same. I see no difference towards the majority of the "so-called" aquascapes. I keep getting the impression that someone decided, "okay- this is what you have to do..." and now everything looks the same. I see it in the design, the plants, the arrangement. I don't see anything really new, provocative or stimulating. It's always the same plant mass, just different tank. Are there any real artists or is everything copy, cut and paste? I wonder...

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
After several years and alot of browsing among these aquarium web sites, everything looks the same. I see no difference towards the majority of the "so-called" aquascapes. I keep getting the impression that someone decided, "okay- this is what you have to do..." and now everything looks the same. I see it in the design, the plants, the arrangement. I don't see anything really new, provocative or stimulating. It's always the same plant mass, just different tank. Are there any real artists or is everything copy, cut and paste? I wonder...
I suppose it depends on whose tanks you're looking at. For example, (and forgive me for name dropping, moderators feel free to delete these...) if you look at jazzlvr123's, AaronT's, Bryce's, Shurik's, inareverie85's, and TexGal's scapes (among MANY, MANY others) . They are not alike, do not have the same plants, are arranged differently from one another and each is absolutely beautiful (in my opinion). ;)

There are tons of aquascapes on this site that are unique and pleasing to view. The one's I mentioned are just what I could spout off the top of my head this morning. Enjoy! :D

-Dave

Oh, and sorry, Oliver Ly, if I hi-jacked your TOTM. It is very lovely and peaceful, and my children have enjoyed looking at it as well. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts