Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back to keeping fish after a break for awhile.. been lurking on the forums and thought I'd say hi to everyone and thanks for making a great resource and community. Time to go clean more pumps, filters, and check lights.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Welcome to APC! Only a true hobbyist would take a break from aquarium stuff by reading about aquariums. :) What are you planning on setting up?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't laugh!
My goldfish are my babies, pride and joy, and finned bits of sentimentality. they're in the 26 bow and are family friends. and probably will have to get moved to larger digs before long.

the rest of the mess. I had no idea that digging through boxes of stuff for the bits and pieces to set up 3 tanks would be such a nightmare.. :/ "where are the eheim suction cups" says me. "what's an eheim?" asks my boyfriend. Now while he's at army I'm trying to get things setup before he gets home just trying to clean up equipment right now and it's not like there's a ton of it so I wouldn't think it would be such a pain but everything got all jumbled in boxes and I didn't clean things properly before I put them away... my bad....

30 oceanic cube
55 aga
46 bow front aga

the intended use so far is 30 for dwarf cichlid pair and tetras. 55 for chocolate gouramis, rasboras & crypts, the 46 is off topic for here. It's a reef. It's a shoddy looking reef right now. that too is in the clean up list..

My personal life blew up and it was about all I could do to tie my shoelaces. First signs of life from me are dragging all the aquarium equipment out of storage it seems.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Congrats on getting the tanks out and starting over. I was away from the hobby for 40 years and enjoying it more than ever. This is a great forum and you'll find a bunch of friendly folks with a wealth of knowledge. Welcome

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
My personal life blew up and it was about all I could do to tie my shoelaces. First signs of life from me are dragging all the aquarium equipment out of storage it seems.
Welcome back to life! :D And welcome to the forum!

-Dave

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Have you checked out Shurik's thread? She has goldfish in a beautifully planted tank. They look happy in there and aren't doing much damage (at least not yet).

I know you've got a lot of work ahead with setting up your tanks, but you've got some nice sizes and some great plans. So have fun!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi old man- thank you for the friendly welcome. Everyone here seems great.

DaveMonkey- Funny how reentering life equates to setting tanks back up ;) but

CS_Gardener- Shurik is now my hero of the day. And now I need to do something about that goldfish tank. eek. Somehow the plans are always better in my head. I read the threads re: aquascaping. I am amazed at the eye people have and the depth of attention to detail. It really seems to escape me. But Hey, it'll be nice to see green growth even if the aquascape layout itself isn't the greatest and hopefully I can get some uhm gentle criticism here.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone:)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Hello, JoyfulGirl and welcome! :D

Also you are certainly welcome to see my slightly crazy thread and what I am going through with my goldfish keeping and newbie’s infinite problems. :rolleyes:

No, goldies are not as bad for planted tanks as most people say they are, but there are certain things to consider. My video is slightly exaggerated but pretty much describes some problems I have to deal with. :heh:

This is true this forum has a ton of information and reading is endless. Also people are extremely nice and they helped me out tremendously. I don’t know what I would do without everyone’s help. :wave:

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
:welcome:to APC!...Keeping aquariums has a lot to do with life, they keep me sane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts