Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Steve wrote:
Don't forget HeyPK's soda bottles. Hopefully he should pop in soon and make some comments on this.
Glass is better than plastic. Some species do all right in soda pop bottles, others not. I think that even those that do all right might do better in glass or some other truly inert pots. I don't know about styrofoam cups, but I wouldn't trust 'em. I have been burned twice now by man made polymers in my tanks, and, both times, it took me a long time to find out that they were harming the plants. With the plastic trays I just had this vague feeling that the plants ought to be doing better and that they ought to respond to fertilizing better. Earlier, when I was trying to maintain Daphnia cages in my tanks, using nylon curtain material, the poisoning was a little more clear- cut, and eventually all my plants would die, but still the symptoms came on gradually, and it took me two years to finally pin the blame on the curtain material.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.